The jewel of the Wusthof collection, Ikon has beautifully designed handles made of Grenadill wood. Grenadill wood, or African Blackwood, is one of the hardest and heaviest woods in the world. Ikon full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster. The Ikon 8" Cook's Knife is the work horse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The cook's knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58 degree Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Comfortable contoured handle that is made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Germany
Wash by hand only
It is best to clean your knives straight after you have used them.
Wash them in warm water using a damp cloth and dishwashing soap.
Dry them carefully.
Your knives should always be maintained and sharpened. Sharp knives are safer than a dull one because it requires less pressure to cut.
Never use the tip of a knife to pry a container open as it may cause the tip to break.
Always use your knives on a firm surface such as a wooden, bamboo, or polyethylene cutting board.
Improper use such as attempting to cut frozen food can damage your knives and void your warranty.