The Classic Ikon Carving Knife features a long, narrow blade designed to clean cut thin slices of meat. The pointed tip helps guide meat away from the bone. The granton edge release the friction from the blade allowing the juices to stay in the meat. Classic Ikon is culmination of all the best features of each of the Wusthof knife lines. The combined riveted handle design is combined with a contoured shape to add comfort and control. The handles are made of a durable synthetic material that is extremely comfortable to use. The Classic Ikon adds a rear bolster that acts as a counter balance when using the knife.
Wusthof’s Classic Ikon knives feature a distinct, double-bolster design giving these knives a little extra weight, perfect balance, and a beautiful look. The handle is crafted from highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM), a synthetic material that resists fading and discoloration.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Tempered to 58 degrees Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance
- Made in Solingen, Germany