Wusthof’s Classic Ikon Cook’s Knife is an indispensable tool that can be used for chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing. Due to the weight of a cook’s knife, it is the perfect tool for heavy duty jobs, such as chopping thick vegetables and meats. This 6 Cook’s Knife features a hollow edge, identical vertical indentations along the blade, which creates air pockets between the blade and the food. These air pockets reduce friction while you cut and allow food to fall away from the blade.
Wusthof’s Classic Ikon knives feature a distinct, double-bolster design giving these knives a little extra weight, perfect balance, and a beautiful look. The handle is crafted from highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM), a synthetic material that resists fading and discoloration.
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Tempered to 58 degrees Rockwell
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel
- Made in Solingen, Germany