The Wusthof Classic Ikon Starter Set is an excellent set for new cooks. The set includes a 3½-inch paring knife for peeling produce and mincing herbs, an 8-inch cook’s knife for chopping, slicing, and dicing meats and vegetables, and an 8-inch bread knife for cutting bread and baguettes with fewer crumbs.
Wusthof’s Classic Ikon knives feature a distinct, double-bolster design giving these knives a little extra weight, perfect balance, and a beautiful look. The handle is crafted from highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM), a synthetic material that resists fading and discoloration.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Tempered to 58 degrees Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance
- Made in Solingen, Germany