Wusthof Classic Ikon 2-Piece Starter Set 9606
This set contains the essentials for a new chef. Wusthof’s Classic Ikon Cook’s Knife is an indispensable tool that can be used for chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing. Due to the weight of a cook’s knife, it is the perfect tool for heavy duty jobs, such as chopping thick vegetables and meats. The paring knife is arguably the second most important knife in the kitchen. Its small blade tapers to a tip and the knife is easy to handle, making it perfect for trimming, slicing, and peeling small produce like herbs and garlic cloves.
Wusthof’s Classic Ikon knives feature a distinct, double-bolster design giving these knives a little extra weight, perfect balance, and a beautiful look. The handle is crafted from highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM), a synthetic material that resists fading and discoloration.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Tempered to 58 degree Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance