Wusthof’s Classic Ikon knives feature a distinct, double-bolster design giving these knives a little extra weight, perfect balance, and a beautiful look. The handle is crafted from highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM), a synthetic material that resists fading and discoloration.
Wusthof’s Asian Mini Set contains a 5 inch Santoku and a 3 inch Paring knife. The Santoku features a 10° blade, which is thinner than a traditional chef’s knife. The hollow-edge is designed to form air pockets between the blade and food while cutting, so food falls away easily. The shorter blade makes the 5 inch Santoku easy to handle. It’s great for someone intimidated by the typical 7 inch blade. The Paring Knife is arguably the second most important knife in the kitchen. Its small blade tapers to a tip and the knife is easy to handle, making it perfect for trimming, slicing, and peeling small produce like herbs and garlic cloves.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stain-free steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Tempered to 58 degree Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance
- Hand wash only