To ensure you knives stay in peak cutting condition, use Wusthof’s Classic Ikon Honing Steel regularly. Over time, knives will lose their edge. Honing re-aligns the blade of a knife so that it keeps cutting cleanly between sharpening. With regular honing, your knives should only need sharpening once or twice a year depending on how often they are used.
Wusthof’s Classic Ikon knives feature a distinct, double-bolster design giving these knives a little extra weight, perfect balance, and a beautiful look. The handle is crafted from highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM), a synthetic material that resists fading and discoloration.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance
- Stainless steel construction
- Medium to fine abrasion on knives
- Ideal for all knives
- Made in Solingen, Germany