The VitaClay Smart Organic 4 Quart Multi-Cooker is a super-tasking miracle of traditional clay cooking combined with computerized electrical technology. The VitaClay Multi-Cooker has three basic functions - slow cooking/crock-pot features, rice cooker options, and yogurt maker settings all in one. The Zisa clay construction naturally maximizes flavors with improved textures that was once limited to oven-style cooking. In about 45 minutes you can prepare nutritious one-pot meals and side dishes. Or program cooking times up to 5 hours with start delay and warming features which allows you to put in your work day, and then return home to a fully-cooked healthy meal. The VitaClay Smart Organic Multi-Cooker holds your keys to providing increased nutrition and better-tasting final foods for your loved ones that will save you time and money.
Features of the VitaClay 4 Quart Oval Multicooker:
- Combination slow cooker, rice cooker, food steamer, and bonus yogurt maker.
- Clay cooking with convenience of electric power and computerized temp controls.
- Four pre-programmed function settings.
- Capacity - 8 cups dry rice/16 cups cooked rice or 4.2 quart total.
- Easy to clean interior and exterior.
- Easy to read, push-button, large LCD digital display.
- Delay timer and automatic Keep Warm function.
- Keeps food warm for up to 12 hours.
- Clay pot interior of Zisa clay from Zisha Clay Beds
- Natural thermal holding clay pot cooks evenly with consistent results.
- Cooks perfect white or brown rice and a multitude of whole grain cereals.
- More nutrient content, enzymes, vitamins.
- Each pot is handcrafted. Colors may vary slightly.
- Free recipe booklet with healthy, gourmet, delicious recipes
- Limited one year manufacturer's warranty.
- Dimensions: 17.3 L. x 13 w. x 11 H. inches
- Capacity: 4.2 qt.
- Weight: 15.6 lbs.
- Wattage: 600 Watts.
- Essenergy, Inc. (Essenergy) warrants their Products against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase, when utilized for normal household use. Essenergy will repair or replace the Product, at its option, at no charge except for shipping and handling.
CARE AND CLEANING:
- Like any ceramic material, the removable clay pot will be damaged by sudden temperature changes.
- If the clay pot is preheated or is hot to the touch, do not add cold or frozen foods.
- Do not preheat the clay pot unless called for in the recipe. The clay pot should be at room temperature when adding hot ingredients.
- For general washing, wait until the clay pot cools. Then wash it in warm water with a very small amount of dishwashing liquid and rinse thoroughly.
- DO NOT put the clay pot in the dishwasher. Sudden temperature changes may crack it and excessive soap will clog the pores.
- Do not use abrasive scouring powders or steel wool. Plastic brush or nylon scrub pads can be used as needed.
- For hard to remove residue or to do a thorough cleaning, allow the clay pot to soak overnight in the sink with water and ¼ cup baking soda. Wash using a brush or nonmetallic scrubbing pad. Follow this treatment after cooking fish or foods with strong seasoning.
- Use hot water if you wash the clay pot right after cooking. Do not use cold water if the pot is hot.
- After washing, dry thoroughly and store with the lid inverted upside down in the bottom, ideally with a towel between the layers. Avoid storing the cooker with the lid sealed because it may become moldy if not carefully dried.
- If the cooker should become moldy, make a paste of baking soda and water, cover the cooker with the paste and allow it to dry. When the paste is dry, rinse with water and dry well.
- If clay pot pores become clogged, boil the pot to remove debris. Use a roaster with a rack and add tepid water. Place the pot bottom on the rack and bring water to a boil. Boil for 30 minutes to remove the debris. Repeat doing the top if necessary.
When washing the clay pot, it is recommended that a soft cloth or pad be placed between the pot and sink to protect the pot from hitting the sink