The Staub Heart Shaped Cocotte is a limited edition piece that is great for serving side dishes. It is available in cherry red color and has the same exceptional features as the regular round and oval ovens with self-basting spikes for continuous, natural basting. Each beautiful, artisan Staub product is individually made and has a unique appearance with minor differences in the glaze and finish between every item.
Staub cookware was established in 1974 by Francis Staub who is directly involved in designing and creating each of all the pieces in the line. Following an extensive design and testing process, a patent is obtained on each particular item of cookware. During the manufacturing, a sand mold is made for each cast iron piece and then its destroyed-making each piece unique unto itself. The entire production process for each item takes a full working day.
Used by some of the most celebrated chefs in the world including Paul Bocuse, Thomas Keller, Jean Joho and Joel Robuchon, Staub cookware combines the traditional with the modern. Its design is so technically advanced that it actually helps to enhance the flavors of the dish.
Product Diameter: 7.825" diameter.
Features of the Staub Heart Cocotte include:
- Self-basting spikes underneath the lid to ensure continuous, natural basting
- Black Matte Enamel Interior
- Highly durable
- Does not discolor or rust
- Resistant to chipping
- No seasoning required
- Ready to use immediately
- The more you use it, the better it gets! Oils used when cooking will penetrate the pores of the matte enamel and create a natural, smooth non-stick surface.
- Special, smooth ceramic bottom usable on all heat sources
- Retains and redistributes heat for long periods of time
- Perfect for slow cooking meals
1.75 Quart, 7.83 Inch Diameter, 7.1 Pounds