The Staub Tomato Cocotte is a limited edition piece perfect for preparing and serving many types of dishes including: stews, braised meats, casseroles, chili and soups. This whimsical piece can be moved from the refrigerator to the oven or stove-top and presents beautifully at table. This casserole features:
- Self-basting spikes underneath the lid to ensure continuous, natural basting
- Staub Cast Iron is a superior conductor of heat. Cast iron construction makes for even heating with no hot spots. It retains heat to keep things piping hot when served at table
- Black matte interior releases foods like nonstick. The oils from foods add to its nonstick properties over time.
- No seasoning required
- Does not discolor or rust
- Ceramic interior does not interact with food
- Resistant to chipping
- Perfect for slow cooking
- Made in France
- Lifetime Warranty
Staub cookware was established in 1974 by Francis Staub who is directly involved in designing and creating all of the pieces in the line. Following an extensive design and testing process, a patent is obtained on each particular item of cookware. During the manufacturing, a sand mold is made for each cast iron piece and then it’s destroyed, making each piece unique unto itself. The entire production process for each item takes a full working day.
Used by some of the most celebrated chefs in the world including Paul Bocuse, Thomas Keller, Jean Joho and Joel Robuchon, Staub cookware combines the traditional with the modern. Its design is so technically advanced that it actually helps to enhance the flavors of the dish.