Shun Premiere knives combine a number of advanced elements to truly stand apart from the crowd. The core of the Premier blade is VG-Max steel which is supported by 34 layers of stainless steel on each side of the blade. The layering of steel on the blade creates a Damascus finish which is hammered for a breath taking finish!
The VG-Max steel, hardened to 61 degrees Rockwell, creates the cutting edge of the blade. It is designed to handle being sharpened to a very narrow angle. It will hold its razor sharp edge requiring infrequent sharpening.
The hand hammered finish reduces friction and keeps foods from sticking to the blade. The walnut PakkaWood handle is as comfortable as it is beautiful.
The aesthetic of the Premier line catches your eye and the extraordinary performance seals the deal.
The appearance is unmistakable, the performance unforgettable!
- VG-Max steel hardened to 61 degrees Rockwell
- 34 layers of protective stainless steel on each side of the blade for the dramatic Damascus finish
- Sharpened to 16 degrees on each side of the blade for extreme sharpness
- Hammered blade keeps food from sticking
- Ergonomic Walnut Pakkawood handle for comfort and presentation
- Hand Wash Recommended
- Made in Japan
- Lifetime Warranty