If you're like most cooks, you'll want to find knives that feels like an extension of your arm. Shun's beautiful Premier Knives are sure to please. They are lightweight, agile, and offers an extremely comfortable grip. In fact, Shun Premier's thinner blades makes them lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style knives.
This Premier 3-Piece Asian Knife Set features three unique and specialized shapes that have been used by master chefs of Japan for ages. The 8" Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. The 7" Santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. Used as a chef's knife, it is especially well suited to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut). The 5.5" Nakiri is sure to attract your attention due to its interesting shape. Because of its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri uses a push cut by moving the knife down and forward while keeping the edge parallel to the cutting surface.
While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry.
- Multi-purpose knives treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut PakkaWood®
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Japan
Kiritsuke Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
Nakiri Blade length: 5.5 in. (14 cm)