The Shun Classic 3-Piece Starter Set includes the three key pieces of cutlery that no kitchen should be without. It starts with the Shun Classic 8-in. Chef's Knife, the do-it-all knife that you'll use any time you cook. The set also includes the 3.5-in. Paring Knife to handle all the small peeling, coring, and trimming tasks. To complete the set, you also get the Shun Classic 6-in. Utility Knife that's perfect for all those in-between tasks. The set comes in a beautiful box suitable for storage or gift-giving.
Set includes: 8" Chef's Knife, 3.5" Paring Knife, & 6" Utility Knife
- Multi-purpose, between a chef's and paring in size
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Handcrafted in Japan
Chef's Knife blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
Utility Knife blade length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)
Paring Knife blade length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Soft woods, such as hinoki, are preferred. Tile, ceramic, synthetic, marble, granite, or any kind of glass cutting boards are not recommended and can be very hard on your knives.
Cleaning and Storage
- Shun recommends that you protect your investment by handwashing your blades with gentle dish soap.
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach; they can promote corrosion.
- Do not use scouring pads, steel, or gritty cleanser when cleaning the blades.
- Rinse and towel dry immediately.
- After you have washed and dried your knives, store them in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray, or sheath.