This Miyabi Kaizen 8" chef's knife is a general, all purpose chef's knife that is indispensible for any cook. This type of knife is ideal for slicing, mincing and dicing of all kinds of food.
Miyabi knives are made in Seki, Japan and combine the greatest hardening technology with the artistry of traditional craftmanship.
Features of Miyabi Kaizen knives include:
- VG10 (CMV60) super steel core
- 60 Rockwell hardness - for outstanding cutting edge retention
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blade (4 step hardening process that maximize the properties of the steel)
- 64 layer flower Damascus pattern steel covering the core
- 9.5 to 12 degree angle blade - for exceptional sharpness
- Traditional, 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed Katana edge
- Black linen Micarta handle with mosaic pin, 2 red spacers and end cap with logo.
Miyabi Knives are created in the tradition of master craftsmen that produced Japanese swords that were not only extremely sharp but incredibly beautiful. Kaizen is Japanese for "improvement" or "change for the better" and represents the next generation of Miyabi knives, made in Seki, Japan.
Seki has been the center of the Japanese sword and knife industry since the 14th century. ; In 2004, Zwilling JA Hneckel acquired one of Seki's leading manufacturers of top quality knives. ; Today this company combines german engineering and Zwilling JA Henckels strict quality standards with the finest Japanese craftmanship. ; The result is Miyabi - Japanese knives at their best.
Since 1731, the famous ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS logo has meant superior quality to professional chefs and serious cooks worldwide. ZWILLING® Pro is made
in Solingen, Germany.