Miyabi Fusion knives are made in Seki, Japan and combine the greatest hardening technology with the artistry of traditional craftsmanship.
Features of Miyabi Fusion knives include:
- VG10 (CMV60) super steel core
- 60 Rockwell hardness - for outstanding cutting edge retention
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blade (4 step hardening process to maximize the properties of the steel)
- 64 layer flower Damascus pattern steel covering the core
- 9.5 to 12 degree angle blade ;for exceptional sharpness
- Traditional, 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed Katana edge
- Designed with Chef Masaharu Morimoto.
- Western style triple riveted handle
- Lifetime Warranty
- Hand Wash recommended
Miyabi Knives are created in the tradition of master craftsmen that produced Japanese swords that were not only extremely sharp but incredibly beautiful.
Seki has been the center of the Japanese sword and knife industry since the 14th century. ; In 2004, Zwilling JA Henckel acquired one of Seki's leading manufacturers of top quality knives. ; Today this company combines German engineering and Zwilling JA Henckels strict quality standards with the finest Japanese craftsmanship. ;The result is Miyabi - Japanese knives at their best.
Since 1731, the famous ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS logo has meant superior quality to professional chefs and serious cooks worldwide.