For braising, meat must first be browned in oil then cooked in a little liquid in a tightly sealed dish in the oven or on the stove top. The result is that meat is melt-in-your-mouth tender. Le Creuset signature cast iron braisers have a shallow base and domed lid so that juices are locked in and the flavor of the meat is retained.
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Braiser is perfect for family meals, whether used for a hearty dish of short ribs or a side dish of risotto. The wide base allows maximum contact with the heat source so that food can be seared and then simmered. The shallow depth allows liquid to spread so food will simmer rather than stew. The signature handles are a little roomier for a secure grip when transporting this lovely piece to the table. The durable interior enamel resists staining and the colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking.
- 1.5 Quart
- 2.25 Quart
- 3.75 Quart
- 5 Quart
- Meringue (New 2019)
- White (3.75 Quart only)
- Matte Black (1.5 Quart only)
- Colorful exterior enamel is shock-resistant to prevent chipping and cracking
- Sand-colored interior enamel has a smooth finish that promotes caramelization, prevents sticking and resists stains
- Dome-shaped lid locks in flavor by promoting continuous circulation of heat and moisture
- Wide loop handles provide a safe and comfortable grip
- Signature black phenolic knob is oven-safe up to 500°F
- Stainless steel knob is safe at any oven temperature
- No seasoning required