It is believed that the Dutch settlers who made Pennsylvania their home introduced cast iron pots or kettles to American culture. These days the term refers to a metal pot with rounded sides. The All-Clad 5.5 quart Dutch oven is made from brushed Stainless Steel, has sturdy handles and an elegant domed lid.
It's ideal for making soups, stews, chili, curries, and baked beans. The energy-efficient design means the pot heats evenly and cooks food thoroughly. All-Clad's D5 line's patented design consists of a stainless steel core sandwiched between two aluminum layers all in the middle of two more stainless steel layers.
5.5 Quart Dutch Oven Features:
- Energy-efficient advanced construction that allow heat diffusion from the bottom of the pan up to the sidewalls
- Interior starburst finishing improves non-stick performance
- Cooking surface is hygienic and safe
- Comfortable, oversized riveted handles
- Long stick handles stay cool
- Convenient rolled lip for easy pouring
- Safe for use in the oven and under the grill
- Dishwasher safe
This design ensures even heating throughout the pan. The steel core also provides additional stability to prevent warping and maximizes the conductivity of the aluminum layers. The D5 Dutch Oven is ideal for making fabulous family meals all in one pot.
This pot was designed for braising, slow cooking, searing, and browning, and the domed lid not only helps increase capacity, but also returns flavor and moisture to your meal. The Dutch Oven is compatible with gas, electric, and induction cook tops. It is also oven, freezer, and broiler-safe.