Job Opportunities at The Cook's Warehouse
Kids/Teens Camp Chef Instructor
- Camps start the first week of June 2021 and run through the beginning of August 2021. There will be approximately 8 camp sessions.
- Camps run five days per week, from 10:30am-1:30pm. Chef arrival time is 9:00am.
- Camp max fill is 8-12 students (will depend on current Covid situation)
- All classes are hands-on: students work in teams of two/three to cook daily menu. Students get to eat what they make each day.
- Students receive a curriculum packet with recipes from the week.
- Kids camps are for ages 6-10, Teens/Tweens camp is ages 11-16
- Chef has two to three assistants for the duration of each class to assist with prep and cleanup.
- Chef designs educational curriculum, focusing on kitchen safety, technique, knife skills, and taste.
- Popular camp themes include: Around the World in Five Days; Tastes of America, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, and Snacks; Science of Cooking, etc...
- Must have culinary school degree.
- Must have culinary teaching experience, ideally working with kids and teens.
- Must have food safety knowledge. (ServSafe)
- Must have ability to adapt/change gameplans and work with possible food allergies.
- Must have dynamic personality and passion for working with children and teens.
- Chef designs menus and curriculum to fit the needs of the age group.
- Chef shops for ingredients for camp.
- Chef assists with class prep and clean up.
- Chef is expected to lead students in a professional yet fun manner and maintain fun and interactive class experience.
This is a long-term opportunity with potential to teach kids/teens classes throughout the year.
Email email@example.com if you are interested!
Thank you from The Cook's Warehouse Team!