The OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter features a removable splatter shield that directs juices downward and prevents them from soiling your work area. When not in use, the splatter shield fits inside the front chamber and a lock holds the Pitter closed for convenient storage. With the OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter, baking cherry pies, canning cherries and making homemade preserves is a pleasure.
Sturdy, die-cast zinc construction removes pits with ease, and soft, comfortable non-slip handles absorb pressure while you squeeze. The holder is extra large to accommodate Bing cherries and has a recessed cup to securely hold smaller varieties when pitting. Also try the Pitter to prepare fresh cherries for small children. The Cherry & Olive Pitter should be placed in the dishwasher in its unlocked position.
Features of the OXO Cherry and Olive Pitter include:
- Splatter Shield protects work area from juices and removes for cleaning
- Sturdy, die-cast zinc construction removes pits with ease
- Soft, comfortable non-slip handles absorb pressure
- Generous holder accommodates large cherries like Bing and Rainier, and is recessed to secure smaller varieties of cherries and olives
- Locks closed for convenient storage
- Dishwasher safe
- Unlock Pitter before placing in dishwasher
In 1990 OXO Good Grips kitchen tools were introduced in answer to these few simple questions - Why do ordinary kitchen tools hurt your hands? Why can't there be comfortable tools that are easy to use? These ergonomically-designed tools set a new standard for the industry and raised the bar of consumer expectation for comfort and performance.
Today, OXO continues to be dedicated to providing innovative solutions that ease everyday tasks and offers over 850 products covering many areas of the home. Each has been developed based on the concept of Universal Design (also known as Inclusive Design), a philosophy of making products that are usable by as many people as possible.